IAWM Journal 2018 Spring Issue Now Available
The spring 2018 issue of the IAWM Journal (Vol. 24, No. 1 ) is now available to IAWM members and journal subscribers. Highlights include:
- A tribute to Jennifer Higdon, recent winner of two Grammys. Christina L. Reitz, author of a forthcoming biography of Jennifer, provides an analysis of Jennifer’s song cycle, Civil Words.
- An interview with Elisabetta Brusa.
- In a previous issue, Sonia Megías wrote a fascinating article about her travels to El Salvador, and in this issue, she describes her travels in China as a member of Dúa de Pel and the amazing reception performances by the duo received.
- Louise Myers introduces us to Boston’s legendary piano teacher, Madame Chaloff.
- Pam Marshall discusses her interview with the Cardamom Quartet, string players who perform only music by women.
The Journal also includes CD, book and concert reviews, festival reports, reports from our sister organizations, IAWM news, awards, and members' news.